Saturday, March 2, 2019

Feedback

Today in my media class my classmates and got together in groups to discuss our projects and receive feedback. I explained to them my idea of a documentary about Women Athletes and they gave me some really helpful Ideas and tips as well as answered some questions about my project that I was unsure about. The first thing that I asked them was whether they thought my five-minute excerpt should feature just one athlete and have each episode be about a different athlete, or if my episode should feature multiple athletes throughout one episode. One of my classmates suggested that I should make my documentary like the TLC television show Toddlers and Tiaras, in which each episode focuses on three different girls, such as this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfVC2ad1ybU
After going back and watching a few episodes of the show I think I have decided that I would like to have my documentary in this format.
One of my other classmates also reminded me that I need to make sure that I have a lot of b-roll. This means that I am going to have to start filming as much as I can as soon as possible.
I also looked up other documentary television shows on Netflix and came across a show called Cheer Squad. This show was formatted very similarly to Toddlers and Tiaras. I watched the first episode of season one that featured a very short 20-second intro which was a montage of clips of different cheer teams and then the title of the TV show. This is something that I would like to do in my documentary, since I will be doing the first episode, in order to introduce the topic and show that I will be featuring athletes.
I will also begin to brainstorm for a name for my documentary! I’m so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Results!!

Here it is, what you have all been waiting for! Poster :  Documentary : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ls-FOYRgx64tKSduFEaUuIDxoaV2XDHk...